Please read carefully the pre-treatment care below prior to your treatment and don’t hesitate to reach out at anytime should you have any questions or concerns.
CHEMICAL PEEL PRE-TREATMENT CARE:
- Discontinue use of tanning beds at least two weeks prior to a chemical peel.
- Avoid extensive sun exposure, especially in the 10 days prior to your scheduled chemical peel.
- No facial waxing for 7 days prior to treatment.
- For those of you who are on an acne treatment regimen, please stop the use of Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Avage, EpiDuo or Ziana five days prior to treatment.
- Stop the use of Retinol products, Retin-A (retinol) products or applications for 7-10 days prior to a chemical peel. High percentage alpha hydroxy (AHA) and beta hydroxy (BHA) products should be stopped five days before treatment.
- Always apply a broad spectrum sunscreen daily (at least SPF 30 or higher) and avoid the gym 24 hours prior to a chemical peel.
- Do not use aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (ex. Advil) for at least 7-10 days prior to a chemical peel.